Monday, June 25, 2012

      
The Freedom Tour has taught me so many facts about the history and freedom of the United States. Some of the things I learned this week was about the immigration during the 1900's and how many immigrants came over to Ellis Island to register in New York City. I also learned about the Lady Liberty and how she was made out of copper and was given as a present from France for the United States's 100 years of independence also in New York City. I learned many other things in Philadelphia including learning about the Declaration of Independence and also about how the United States got it's independence. The next day we went to Gettysburg and we learned about the Battle of Gettysburg which was one of the most bloodiest battles of the Civil War. We also got to see the battlefield of that war. The next day we went to Washington D.C. We got to see many of the memorials including the Holocaust Memorial, Pentagon Memorial, Vietnam Memorial and many more. After going to Washington D.C. for three days we decided to go back to New York City and shop and also see the today show. The today show was great and amazing because my friend and I were seen on television and it was one of the most greatest experiences ever. I think that the Freedom Tour was the most greatest experience of my life because it's a once in a life time chance to see all of these amazing states, cities and towns. 

During the Freedom Tour, I had many favorite sights that I loved to see. One of the sights was the Pentagon Memorial. The Pentagon Memorial was one of the most depressing moments of my life because it symbolized the 911 attack on New York, Washington D.C. and Philadelphia. Even though there were many moments that I had to let out my feelings, I thought that it was one of the most important life lessons to learn from. My second favorite sight was the Vietnam Memorial because I got to learn many things during the whole tour and I also got to hear stories from children who had fathers and brothers who fought during the war. My third favorite sight was Ellis Island because I got to learn about where and how the immigrants got through to get into the country. I also loved to see the Ellis Island because I always wanted to see the island and the history behind it all. The Freedom Tour was one of my favorite trips and I would want to go back onto the trip if I could again.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment