Sunday, June 24, 2012

Today I reflected on how lucky I am to be alive and have freedom. This occurred when we visited the Holocaust Museum. I had learned multiple things in school about the history of the Holocaust and why it happened, but I never really understood how lucky I am to be free today. When you learn something in school it is always supposed to be serious. Being at the museum, though, made me feel like I could show my real feelings about what I thought about the Holocaust. The room of shoes really brought the Holocaust to life. I felt more connected to the event seeing the shoes and knowing that a majority of the people who these shoes belonged to probably didn't make it through the Holocaust. From gas chambers to hand on contact these innocent people died for only one reason being that a man so cruel thought that Germany should be a one race country. This man's name was Aldolf Hitler. He wrote a book explaining all his thoughts on how Germany should be governed and what people should live there. He planned to wipe the world of Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, and many more races. You have to understand though that these people that Hitler selected to be killed we innocent. They were wiped from their homes and were made to go live in concentration camps. Whoever you ask will tell you that these camps were no resort. You either were forced to work until you die, get beaten to death, and  poisoned by gas.

"You never know how strong you are... until being strong is the only choice you have."
                       ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment